I ndustries are the backbone of a nation’s economy. Industrial growth refl ects not only the fi nancial health of a nation but also provides a source of livelihood for millions. The happiness or otherwise of owners, workers and staff depends on the strength and growth of the industry. The main aim of any type of industry be it a heavy machinery or a small scale industry is to manufacture different items and earn profi ts. The performance of an industry affects the owner, shareholders and the workers alike. So, the layout of a factory has to be planned carefully. It has been observed that inspite of following best management techniques and providing everything necessary for proper functioning of the industry, industries fail. Inspite of providing the best for the manpower, adopting best HRD principles, there are strikes or key personnel move to rival concerns.
Financial institutes give loans worth crores to these industries yet the number of sick industries is increasing. It is observed that people spend huge amounts on preparing a project report and huge expenses are incurred on architecture and construction, not to forget expenses on plant and machinery. But unfortunately only the superfi cial principles are considered and Vaastu guidelines are more or less ignored. In fact, adherence to Vaastu guidelines can safeguard against various problems. It has been observed that trouble has multiplied and major losses accrued or disputes have cropped up after adding a patch or land to existing factories. In fact, non-compliance to Vaastu principles is the common factor among many sick industries. It is said that a machine, by itself cannot produce a good product-it is the man behind the machine. Coordinating the machine and the manpower is an important step in running an industry.
Vaastu plays an important role by forming a rhythm between the process and the fl ow. The aim of Vaastu Shastra is a delicate and sensitive fi ne tuning of the balance between the fi ve elements in our external and internal spaces. Industries and factories planned and constructed according to Vaastu are successful and generate profi ts. Friendly Vaastu has positive effect on the work atmosphere, quality of work, quality of production, produce and profi tability. In Vaastu perfect establishments, solutions are found easily for small problems cropping up from time to time. In contrast Factories, Mills and Industries which are not constructed as per Vaastu principles are always facing labour, fi nancial or other problems. Following are the important guidelines to be taken into consideration for effective and trouble free running of an industry.
Vaastu has the power to give your factory/ industry a chance to bounce back to health and be prosperous. For lack of wisdom and product quality, scrutinize the North-East section of your plot and building. Any fault in North-East adversely affects the quality of production and management both.
The faults in North-East sector adversely affect the growth and prosperity of an industry. Here is a simple list of Don’ts :
- Never have a toilet in North-East. It will fl ush out both money and fame.
- Cut in North-East corner will make your product outdated leading towards bankruptcy.
- Heavy weight in North-East will block new innovations.
- Highest point of building if in Northeast will attract ill fame.
- Overhead water tank in North-East will obstruct growth.
- Generator in North-East will make premises prone to fi re hazards.
Industries should be in such a manner that the production should increase and so the movement of fi nished goods. If the principles of Vaastu are followed, that can lead to more production, increased sales, no problem with labour and smooth working. Whatever be the industry, the principles of Vaastu broadly remains the same and should be kept in the mind while preparing the building, constructing the building, installing the machinery, turning out the products and dispatching them to the clients.
Even though there are vast differences in production methods or process fl ow etc. in different industries but the broad principles of Vaastu Shastra are universally applicable. More open space should be provided in the East and the North side than in the West and South side. The sloping of the fl oors should be towards East, North and Northeast sides and never towards South, West. Thicker walls should be constructed in the South and West Side of the building and the thinner walls should be in the North and East sides. The staircase should be in the Southwest side. The underground water tank should be in Northeast side. The overhead water tank should be in the Southwest corner. Toilets must be placed in Northwest or Western corners but should never be constructed in the Northeast and Southwest corners.
Administrative offi ce and other offi ce blocks can be constructed in North, East. Staff quarters, Outhouse should be built in the Northwest corner. Basement should be constructed in the East, North or Northeast corner of the proposed building. Heavy machinery should be placed in the Southwest, West & South zones. Northeast and centres of the building should be avoided for placing anything heavy. The heat zone or the burners, boilers, ovens, generators, furnace transformers, chimneys should be in the Southeast corner. No garbage should be dumped in the Northeast corner of the building or at the site, North or the East corner should always be kept free and clean. In R.C.C. framed structure, the number of columns or the beams should be even and not odd. The beam should never run above the machines & the workers. The fi nished goods should be stored in the Northwest corner of the area. A pooja room or a temple should be in the Northeast corner and should be kept neat and clean. Taking the help of the very old Vaastu shastra is vital for the development of an industry. It ensures the successful running of business activities, leading to larger production and better monetary profi ts. Applying Vaastu advice for industry can be of great help and it paves way for prosperity in business as well.
Several things are considered, while setting Vaastu guidelines for industries, which include the selection of site, position of electronic gadgets, placement of heavy machinery, location of guardroom, the location of beams, the direction of the entrance, the direction and placement of windows, staff quarters, pantry, administrative area, colour scheme of the industry, placement of raw materials etc. Go through the following lines to get some Vaastu tips for industry.
Tips For Industries
- The major construction should take place in the Southwest portion of the plot.
- There should be more of open space on the Northern and Eastern sides of the plot.
- The ideal place for storing the raw material lies in the Western portion. For the fi nished goods, the appropriate place is the one lying on the Northwest side of the plot.
- The directions recommended for the placement of doors are: Northeast or East or Northwest.
- If you wish to maintain a nice lawn, then North and East portions of the plot are appropriate.
- The ideal location for constructing administrative area is Northern or Eastern side.
- For staff quarters, the right place is the one lying in Southeast or Northwest zone.
- According to Vaastu shastra, the cabin of the important executives of the factory should face the North direction, while their sitting position should be in the Southwest zone. Ensure that all the staff and workers of your factory face East and their activity zone is positioned on the Central, Northern and Eastern zones.
- Vaastu shastra experts say that important decisions should be taken in the confi nes of Southwest zone. Executives facing the North are also benefi ted.
- The R & D department of the industry should carry on its activities in the Northeast zone.
- It is believed that all the activities pertaining to accounts and legal procedures of the organization should be confi ned to East zone.
- Toilets, canteen and retiring room can be positioned in the West zone of the organization.
- If it is a dairy plant, the plastic bags should be stored in South. If you are operating a cold drinks or ice cream plant, make sure that the fridge and other cooling plants are located in the South-East corner or in the South corner. In case of a chemical factory, the boiler should be installed in the SouthEastern corner or in the South.