Form of Sri Vidya
गिरामाहुर्देवी द्रुहिणगृहिणीमागमविदो, हरेः पत्नीं पद्मां हरसहचरीमद्रितनयाम् ।
तुरीया कापि त्वं दुरधिगमनिःसीममहिमा, महामाया विश्वं भ्रमयसि परब्रह्ममहिषी ।।
Bhagwatpad Acharya Shankar opines that Goddess Saraswati is the wife of Lord Brahma, wife of Lord Vishnu is Padma and Parvati is the companion of Lord Shiva. But you are unparalleled and incomparable. You are the one who has controlled and won the whole cosmos and you are the abode and graceful queen of Mahamaya Parabrahma.
एषाऽऽत्मशक्तिः । एषाविश्वमोहिनी ।
पाशांकुश धनुर्बाणधरा । एषाश्रीमहाविद्या ।
She is the power of the God, the eternal soul. She is the beautiful personification of the universe. She adorn herself with loop (noose), prod (hamulus), bow & arrow. She is Sri Mahavidya. The saint & seers perceive Bhagwati Tripur Sundari in the form of Kundalini. Lord Shankaracharya saideghaewyk/kkjs
महींमूलाधारे कमपि मणिपूरे हुतवहं स्थितं स्वाधिष्ठाने हृदि मरुतं आकाशमुपरी ।
मनोऽपि भ्रूमध्ये सकलमपि भित्वा कुलपथम सहस्त्रारे पदमे सह रहसि पत्या विहरसे ।।
O Goddess! You have embodied earth element in your root chakra, water element in sacral chakra, fire element in solar plexus chakra, air element in your heart chakra, space element in your throat chakra, mind and soul in your third eye chakra and thus you have impregnated all the chakras and leaving aside the Shushumna marga you reside in complete isolation in the crown with your husband Sadashiva. Principal Mantra of Sri Vidya The secret and mystic mantra of Sri Vidya has been expressed indirectly in the following verses in Sridevyaatharvashirsham -
कामो योनिः कमला वज्रपाणि र्गुहा हसा मातरिश्वाभ्रमिन्द्रः ।
पुनर्गुहा सकला मायया च पुरूश्च्यैशा विश्वमातादिविद्योम ।।
Kama(Ka), Yoni (A), Kamala(EE), Vajrapani=Indra (LA), Guha (Hreeng). Ha, Sa- Varna (alphabets), Matarishwa=Vayu (Ka), Abhra (E), Indra (La), Punahguha (Hreeng). Sa, Ka, La - Varna and Maya (Hreeng), this is the principal knowledge of the all pervading mother of the universe and she is the form of Brahma. This is the essence and crown of all the mantras and it is famous in the Mantrashastra as Panchdaashikadi Sri Vidya. ।।
ऊँ ऐं ह्रीं श्रीं क ए ई ल ह्रीं ह स क ह ल ह्रीं स क ल ह्रीं ।।
The Shodashi form of the mantra is the following - ।।
ऊँ श्रीं ह्रीं क्लीं ऐं सौः ऊँ ह्रीं श्रीं क ए ई ल ह्रीं ह स क ह ल ह्रीं स क ल ह्रीं सौः ऐं क्लीं ह्रीं श्रीं ।।
The recitation of the mantras of Mahashodashi (Sri Vidya) even once has been considered the bestower of great results. The seers with common knowledge of this Vidya is easily available in the world but those with extraordinary knowledge is difficult to find. The reason behind this is that this knowledge is secret and mystic and the shastras have instructed to keep this knowledge secret. Brahmand Purana describes -
राज्यं देयं शिरो देयं न देया षोडशाक्षरी।
The empire can be given, even head can be surrendered but the Shodashakshari Mantra of Sri Vidya can never be revealed. Now the question arise, then how come it was acquired by the world! Nityashodashikarnav describes - कर्णात् कर्णोपदेशेन सम्प्राप्तमवनीतले । This knowledge was imparted through oral tradition and reached on the earth through Guru Parampara. Sri Vidya Sadhna Sri Vidya Sadhna is done on Sri Chakra (Sri Yantra). It is said that - ‘श्रीचक्रम् शिवयोर्वपुः’ This chakra is the body of Shivashiv both. In the famous Sri Yantra the creation and development of the whole cosmos has been shown and apart from it this Yantra is also the indicator of human body. Many texts have been written to explain the serial and significance of this Yantra. There are nine chakras in Sri Yantra which are known by the name of Nav Avaran (Nine Covers). The worship of the nine covers of this yantra is considered to be the best. The methods of this worship has been described in totality in the texts like Shubhagodaya Stuti, Saundarya Lahari and Lalitatrishati etc. The systematic form of Sri Vidya Sadhna is the following -
1. First of all, purify yourself and perform Pranayam.
2. Perform Kundalini Stuti and recitation of Mantras given by your preceptor (Guru).
3. Remember Goddess Gayatri, Lord Ganesha, Batukabhairava, Kuldevata (God of the clan), Kuldevi (Goddess of the clan), Matangi, Vaartali, Balatripursundari etc.
4. Take the solemn vow (resolution) and recite the mantras for the protection of the body.
5. After consecrating Sri Yantra, recite Upasthan Sahashtrakshari and Prastar Sahashtrakshari.
6. Perform the worship of different Nyas, Patrasadhan, Vishesharghya, Srichakrantaryag, Avahan, Shodshopachar Pujan and Chaturayatan Puja.
7. Now perform the Navaavaranmayi Puja (worship of nine covers). This is also called the great worship. All Mudras are essentially used in this. Nine covers of Sri Yanta are called Nava Chakra. Trailokya Mohan, Sarvashaparipurak, Sarvasankshobhan, Sarvasaubhagyadayak, Sarvarthasadhak, Sarvarakshakar, Sarvarogahar, Sarvasiddhiprada and Sarvanandamay. Its deity is Navchakreshwari. Before the Avaran Puja of Sri Chakra Layang Puja, Shadangarchana, Nityadevipujan and Gurumandalarchana are performed. After this Navavaranmayipuja is performed. After Navavaran, the worship of Panchalaxmi, Panchkoshamba, Panchakalpalata, Panchakamdugha and Panchratlamba are performed. After this Shaddarshan Vidya Shadadhar puja and Amnay Samashti Puja are performed.
8. After the above mentioned Avavaranmayi Puja, perform guru, Param guru and Parmesthi Guru pujan and thereafter recite Sri Vidya Mantra.
9. Recite Bhavnopnishad, Lalitasahastranam and Lalitatrishati.
10. After the above, recite Trailokyamohan Kavach.
11. End the puja with the recitation of Sri Sukta, Arnopnishad and Saundarya Lahari. Who can do Sri Vidya Sadhna Everyone has the authority to worship and meditate Shri Chakra Nagar Samrajni Paramba Shodashi Sri Vidya Bhagwati Raj Rajeshwari Sri Lalita Mahatripur Sundari. The people of all the four Varnas, four Ashrams, scholars-illiterate, persons with pure heart as well as impure heart, Brahmins as well as Shudras can all worship Sri Vidya. The worshipper of Sri Vidya do not aspire for the attainment of paradise, because of the worship of Sri Vidya he feels all the tastes of Brahmanand which is the bigger pleasure than the attainment of paradise.
In this meditation it is essential to have the initiation of a preceptor (Guru). Adiguru Shankaracharya established four peethas in order to manage the system of the worship and meditation of the deity of Sri Yantra Goddess Sri Vidya which is prevalent even today. In these four peethas the successor Jagadgurus give initiation to the worshippers of Sri Vidya. Those who are not initiated can attain the obligations by the recitation of any of the texts from Saundarya Lahari, Lalitasahastranam, Tripursundari Ashtakam, Srisukta, Arunopanishad, Bhavnopanishad, Shodashopachar manas puja or can have the endowments by reciting their names daily.
Special on the occasion of Deepavali Establish a Sriyantra of Gemstones, Crystal or Gold. Purify it by Panchamrit and Gangajal and worship it with Roli. Recite Sri Sukta and Laxmi Sukta. Recite the following mantras on Crystal rosary
ऊँ श्री श्री ललितामहात्रिपुरसुन्दर्यै श्री महालक्ष्म्यै नमः।।
या ऊँ श्रीं ह्रीं श्रीं महालक्ष्म्यै नमः।।
If you are already Dikshit then you can recite the above Shodashi Mahamantra also. In this way you can achieve distinction and make your life full of pleasures and prosperity through the worship and meditation of Sri Vidya.