Divine Gift for Betterment of Humanity The divine ancient sciences of India viz., Jyotisha, Vastu, Yoga, Vedanta and Ayurveda were given to us on a platter; whereas people across the world are striving hard to get even a fraction & feeling blessed. We have to be intelligent in understanding these great Shastras and in the process, seek their help in betterment of our lives. We wish all mothers-to-be a happy and healthy, complete Vastubased pregnancy/ safe delivery, by adhering to the below guidelines.
Integration of Energies Over the last few years, we have been seeing the rising importance of Vastu not only in India but also all over the world. Vastu shastra is based on the cosmic energies being emitted from various bodies all over the universe. These energies are an admixture of gravitational, solar, magnetic, thermal, electrical, mechanical and many unknown (to modern science) forms of energies. When Brahmasthal, the centre of a house(controlling gravitational force) is disturbed, invariably there is lack of growth & misunderstandings among the family members/ employees. When placing of your head to the North or West(last priority) is not advised, perhaps, our saints took magnetic and thermal energies into consideration. When the North-east was referred to as Ishan or Devamoola and recommended for meditation etc. and the South-east was referred to as agneya and recommended for placement of a hearth, our saints & rishis were speaking, perhaps, of solar energy.
A grounding rod normally helps dissipate excess electricity from a lightning strike, into the earth. If we observe carefully, temples of ancient times had lightning rods installed. Our saints were very much aware of electrical energies and these rods, perhaps, were used for grounding purposes. Directional Guidelines This write-up is especially written for young mothers-to-be. Apart from taking the modern medical guidelines into consideration, Certainly some simple Vastu tips given here will help the ladies to bear a healthy child. It is in addition supportive to the normal medical advice/ practice of getting a check-up once in two weeks till the thirtysixth week and then weekly, until delivery. At each visit, blood pressure is recorded, urine is tested for sugar and protein, mother’s weight-gain is seen to check for swelling of the legs and face and to detect any development of hyper-tension and diabetes during pregnancy.
Couples planning their progeny can use a North-west (Vayavya) room (primary element Air) until the onset of pregnancy. The mother-to-be can then move into a North-east (Ishanya) room as is explained later. All classical works have clearly spelt out the place of the primary element Agni or Fire as the South-east of a Mandala. It is precisely for this reason that we do not advise a pregnant lady to live in this sector (or room). It is a known medical fact that heat has a great implication in pregnancy.
Anything that raises the lady’s core body temperature can amplify congenital anomalies, mostly during the first three months, when all main organs of the foetus are forming. Electrical and electronic Gadgets Normally, a lady’s basal body warmth is higher during pregnancy. It is, therefore, advisable for the lady to keep herself away from and being too near a television, a computer or any electric gadget (that emanates electrical or electro-magnetic energies). This way, she can avoid increasing her internal temperature to a dangerous level without even being aware of it. Normally, a woman dissipates body heat through her skin and breathing. The foetus that is growing has normally a temperature which is a little more than the mother’s and dissipates its heat across the placenta and through the mother’s blood stream. Foetal damage can occur if the mother or the foetus does not cool down quickly after the temperature of the core rises. Certain Finnish studies have revealed manifold increase of miscarriages in women using computers. Computers produce unusually high levels of extremely low frequency magnetic fields.
The Southeast sector of the building and the Southeast sector of a room are places to be avoided by a pregnant lady at least for the first three months. Medical science tells us that by the end of the fourth month, almost all the major organs of the foetus are formed. The brain stem and the limbs are formed and begin to mature. Most pre-natal damage capable of causing birth defects occurs during this time. This period, commonly known as embryo-genesis, can cause organ-specific damage. However, brain development continues throughout the period of pregnancy. Therefore, there is really no safe period for strong intense bursts or continuous doses of electromagnetic frequencies during the months of pregnancy.
Thermal Heat Research on the effects of thermal and non-thermal electro-magnetic fields has shown reported 50 percent miscarriages in pregnant women who slept in electrically heated waterbeds. Thermal heat is, therefore, another factor that affects pregnancy. When the Eastern part of the earth is heated, its Western part remains cold. Consequently, thermal electricity generated by the Sun travels over the surface of the earth from East to West. Therefore, pregnant ladies can avoid sleeping with their heads to the East. They can sleep with their heads to the South as natural polarity of the body is maintained and health of both the mother and the foetus is taken care of. Beneficial Ultra Violet Rays The pregnant lady can sleep in a Northeast room.
Vastu refers to the Northeast as Ishanya or Devamoola, thereby indicating it is a very important spiritually elevated zone. It is a known fact that the Sun’s rays can be split into 7 plus 2 colours. We speak of the Paramasayika mandala for human habitation (manushyalaya). This plan divides each side into 9 parts. Beginning from ultra-violet ray in the first part on the Eastern side corresponding to North-east, the Sun’s beneficial rays further split into violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red and infra-red in the last part corresponding to the South-east. Ultraviolet and the cold colours of the spectrum are said to have a soothing effect on the body and hence, the North-east room is recommended for a mother-to-be.
Since blue has a cooling and astringent effect, a soft zero candle bulb, which burns in the room during night, is suggested. The other two colours of the cooling trio viz., violet and indigo can be alternated during the entire period of pregnancy. In case of pains, indigo can be an effective anaesthetic and can induce insensibility. Violet is said to be good for bone growth, maintaining the potassium and sodium balance of the body. Expectant mothers who regularly meditate will be happy to know what Leonardo Da Vinci has to say: “The power of meditation can be ten times greater under violet light.” To put it simply, violet is an inspiring and spiritual colour. Ultra violet ray, which is the head of the cold colours and is said to normalize all metabolism and glandular activities can also be used with advantage.
TIME-TESTED PRACTICAL TIPS FOR SAFE AND NORMAL DELIVERY
- Having pleasant pictures like healthy smiling children, Gods, Flowers, greenery etc. in the room/ house is very good for the mothers. Paintings of dragons, wars and other violent images must be strictly avoided. They evoke tensions and feelings of unhappiness.
- Get a Red Thread tied on the waist of the pregnant woman by her mother/ mother-in law/some other elderly lady which after delivery should be wrapped around the newly born child. This ensures safety of the child/ Mother throughout the pregnancy as also during/after the delivery.
- Well before the time of labour pain, arrange for two new brass utensils, put sugar in one of them & keep it near the head on floor. The other should be kept empty along side, with lid closed. When the need of going to hospital arises, fill raw milk in the empty utensil. The pregnant woman should touch both the utensils before going to the hospital and pray for a safe delivery.
- After the delivery donate both the things along with utensils in a religious place. If the delivery has taken place at night then donate in the morning.
- Regularly seeking the blessings from the elders (Ladies & Gents) of the family is very very helpful in complete/ safe pregnancy.
- If you are feeling weak, tired or are ill, try spending time in the East of your house. The East is believed to be ruled by Indra, the God of war and weather. Hence, Indra has power over the rising Sun, which is believed to have control over the bones, eyes, heart, spinal cord and blood circulation.
- Playing around with different colours can make you feel more comfortable during your pregnancy. A room painted in white is the most ideal for a pregnant lady. If plain white is too stark, opt for pearly or silvery white.
- Never sleep or sit under beams, as they are made of concrete and iron. They tend to cause stress and may cause you to fall ill. • Avoid a toilet that is positioned under the stairway. You will be carrying negative vibes all around the house.
- Do not keep any thorny plants like cactus or plants that give out a milky white sap (rubber plants) in your home. Stay away from bonsai plants too, as they symbolise retarded growth.
- Staying in vibrant environment is important for pregnant women and keeping fresh flowers in the house including drawing and dining room is helpful.
- Always sleep on the left side of husband and while stepping down from the bed keep right foot first on the floor.
- Avoid wearing dark and lustrous colours during pregnancy such as black, dark red, orange etc. Such colours are indicative of lunar and solar currents. Pregnant women should only wear subtle and soft colours including light shades of green, blue, white and yellow.
- Do not sit in dark and bleak rooms, there must be enough light in rooms for good vibrations.
- Try to read influencing and motivational books including ancient holy texts.
- Avoiding wall clocks, mirrors, water scenery on Southern walls of the room/ home will help not only in minimizing the various health problems but would also be of great help in diagnosis thereof. With God’s grace in hundreds of cases, we could assure normal safe delivery, without even surgery, with the help of above simple, spiritual yet scientific remedies.