Hindu Astrology is matchless because it contains a vast treatise of remedies for controlling and propitiating the ill effects of planets in a very effective and scientific manner. Use of yantras is one of them. Yantras have the potential to protect us like a shield because of mystical powers in them.
In astrology, Yantra is primarily used as a meditation tool. These days’ yantras are becoming increasingly common. Yantras are used for more mundane purposes as to enhance the quality of life, to attract prosperity and abundance, to heal and relieve health problems, to protect oneself from negative forces and so on.
What is Yantra ?
Yantra is a sanskrit word which means an ‘instrument’ an ‘apparatus’. Yantras are constructed on the immutable laws of sacred geometry. These yantras representing Gods are based on specific geometrical designs and mathematical equations, and provides us a focusing point for concentration and meditation. In this way yantra can be called a Talisman’, a window into the absolute, in other words helpful to attain union with God.
Yantras can be defined as visual mantras also. They have been used since the Vedic age to remove the malefic forces and to strengthen the positive powers. In sacred books lots of songs have been sung about the glory of mystic power of yantras. Yantras are always essential to the worship of Gods just as oil is essential to oil lamps.
By establishing a yantra at pooja place and worshipping it every day one can fulfill one’s aspirations and desired goals. Yantra is beneficial in every field of our life, to attain success in profession, to acquire wealth, peace, good luck to win in the court cases, to ward of diseases, and to progress in meditation.
These yantras are prepared by knowledgeable persons under proper guidance. Yantras are generally drawn on metals such as Gold, silver, copper, Bhojpatras and sometimes on paper also.
Types of Yantras
1. Yantras of deities - These are usually forms of the Great mother or the Mahavidyas - sources of supreme knowledge.
2. Yantras for planets - used to harness the energies of the nine major planets.
3. Architectural yantra - Used for the ground plans of temples and buildings.
4. Numerical Yantras - comprising selected numbers which serve as talisman.
How to Energise Yantra
For the best results yantras should be energized. The yantra which is to be installed should first be soaked in milk for sometime. Then dip this yantra in Panchamrita (this is a mixture of milk, curd, honey, sugar and ghee). Take out after a minute and wash it with Gangajal. Now light a Deepak, incense and camphor. Place a cloth in the place where it is to be installed. Color of cloth should be decided according to the nature of yantra. Offer flowers and rosaries again according to the nature of presiding deity of yantra. Recite Mantra which is specified for each deity on rosary related to that yantra for at least 108 times. Recitation of mantra should be done regularly in front of yantra to get best results.
After energizing the Yantra, Now it is ready to be worshipped. Let us now understand the utility and method of worship of these Yantras.
1. Shri Krishna Yantra : Shri Krishna is the Incarnation of Lord Vishnu. So to get His blessings establish Shri Krishna Pooja Yantra at home, and worship it daily. Shri Krishna yantra shines the personality, enhances the speaking skills of the worshipper. One gets success in all endeavors by the blessings of this yantra.
Utility of this yantra : Shri Krishna Pooja yantra helps one to choose the right path and take right decisions in difficult situations. Shri Krishna yantra enhances attraction in the personality and helps to maintain positive energy. It increases self confidence of the worshipper. It improves arts and skills. This yantra plays a very important role in attaining victory.
Following mantra should be chanted daily -
‘Aum Kleem Krishnaya Namah’
2. Rin Mukti Beesa yantra : Helps one to get free from all the debts. As the name suggests Rin Mukti - means release from debts. Rin Mukti yantra works as per its little. By worshipping Rin Mukti Yantra, one is released from the debts and related problems are solved. It reduces the tension of being in state of poverty. This yantra enhances one’s financial conditions hence one feels happy and increased mental strength. 2
Benefits of Rin Mukti Yantra : Rin Mukti Yantra works wonderfully for those who have been undergoing the mental tension of debts. Those who are always in debt either for the purpose of business or domestic affairs by worshipping Rin Mukti yantra they may get rid of this problem. Rin Mukti Yantra is also worshipped to eradicate the hurdles in business, job, happy marital life, children and love matters etc.
Rin mukti yantra mantra should be recited at least 9, 11, 21 or 108 times.
‘Om Aing, kleeng, Hreeng Mam Bhairvaye Mam
Rin Vimochanaye Mahyam, Mahadan Praday Kleeng Swaha’
3. Vishnu Yantra : Vishnu yantra blesses one to attain wealth, success and prosperity. Vishnu yantra is worshipped to appease lord Vishnu and to get His blessings. Goddess Laxmi resides with Lord Vishnu. She is the consort of the Lord. Worshipping of this yantra blesses and with the blessings of Goddess laxmi and Lord Vishnu. One is blessed with Sidhi, health, domestic happiness and achievements in life.
Utility: One starts feeling the positive changes in situation soon after establishing Vishnu Yantra Hindrances on the way to success get cleared. Income improves; one may get success in all areas of your life, if one worships Vishnu yantra with full faith and devotion. This yantra works wonderfully in transmitting positive energy to the devotee.
Following mantra should be chanted daily -
Om Namah Bhagvate Vasudevay
4-Laxmi Yantra : Shri Laxmi yantra has the power to bestow one with all the happiness and success in life. The worshipper of the yantra attains prosperity and gets release of debts. An energized Laxmi yantra brings stable wealth and improves financial condition. This yantra works wonderfully well in the improvement of financial status of the worshipper.
Utility: Shri Laxmi is the Goddess of wealth, those who want stable wealth in their life, worshipping of this yantra casts immediate auspicious efforts and fulfill the desire of the worshipper. It grants all the wishes in life. It destroys all hurdles, tension, and of one’s life. Power, Authority, wealth, progress in career peace and happiness is achieved by this yantra.
Shri Laxmi Mantra : Om Shreeng Maha Lakshmaye Namah