According to Hindu scriptural texts marriage is a religious relationship. It shouldn’t be considered as an ordinary relationship. The mental, physical, intellectual and religious features of bride and groom should be matched necessarily. Only mental compatibility is not enough because if other elements don’t match and are inimical to each other in that case marital relation can turn into a painful experience.
Our ancient Rishis laid down several rules for public welfare with the help of their divine vision, experience, the extensive investigation and research. We can succeed in arranging the marriages of our children without having any worry about the future of their married life if we follow these rules thoughtfully after understanding them properly. However, by violating them we shall be creating only a bed of roses for our children.
Many people say that by following the process of horoscope matching the marriage gets delayed or else several inconveniences intervene. If we can spend lot of money and time to buy clothes and do not mind going from one corner of the city to other to get the clothes of choice then why can’t we follow few of certain rules to search the life partner of choice.
Some important rules laid down by our Rishis (mentioned in Jyotish Ratnakar) to ensure happy married life are as follows :
1) Married life remains good if the sign occupied by 7th lord of groom’s horoscope is the Moon sign of bride .
For example in the below mentioned case no.1 the 7th lord Sun of male is in Cancer and the female’s Rashi is also Cancer therefore their marriage was extremely successful.
Similarly in below mentioned case no.2 the 7th lord Jupiter is in Cancer in male’s horoscope and the Rashi of female is Cancer. They are doctors by profession and are enjoying happy married life.
On these horoscopes 2nd rule given below is also applicable.
2) If the Rashi of female is the exaltation sign of 7th lord of male’s horoscope it is very auspicious yoga for the married life. So both these rules are applicable in above mentioned case no. 2.
3) Happy married life can be predicted if the Rashi of bride is the debilitation sign of 7th lord of groom
In the below given case no.3 seventh lord is Saturn in male's chart & the debilitation sign of the same is the Rashi of female. They are leading successful married life.
4) If the sign occupied by Venus of male is the Rashi of female, married life is successful. For example in below mentioned case no.4 Venus of groom is in Virgo and the Rashi of bride is also Virgo therefore they are living a very happy married life in spite of having the problem of difference of opinion.
5) Marital bliss remains intact if the sign occupying 7th house in male’s chart is the Rashi of female.
In the below mentioned case no.5(i) the Scorpio sign occupying 7th house in the horoscope of male is the Rashi of female. Their marriage is successful and those who know about their married life do agree that they are made for each other.
Similarly in case no. 5(ii) sign occupying 7th house in male’s chart is Taurus and the same is the Rashi of female as a result of which their marriage is extremely successful.
6) Married life remains good if the sign occupied by lagna lord is the Rashi of female .
In the below mentioned case no. 6 lagna lord Mercury is occupying Leo sign and the same sign is the Rashi of female. Both are happy after their marriage.
7) Married life remains perfectly good if the 7th sign from the Rashi of male is lagna of female. For example in below mentioned case no.7 Sagittarius is the 7th sign from the Rashi of male which is also the lagna of female. Because of this their marriage proved very successful.
8) Marriage proves successful if the lagna of female is the sign occupied by planet aspecting 7th from Rashi of male. In case no. 8 the 7th house from Rashi of male is aspected by Rahu in Cancer. In female’s chart lagna is Cancer. Their love marriage brought lot of bliss to them.
In addition we should also study the elements of all signs. Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are fiery signs. Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn are earthy signs. Gemini, Libra and Aquarius are airy signs. Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces are classified as watery signs. Water extinguishes fire therefore water is inimical to fire. Fire burns earth but air supports fire to burn vigorously. Therefore fire and air elements are friendly. Similarly earth turns green with the irrigation of water therefore earth and water are friendly elements. But air and fire are inimical to earth and water. Therefore now we can know which signs are friendly to each other and accordingly you can proceed into the conversation regarding marriage. For instance if Moon is in fiery sign in male’s chart and in a watery sign in female’s chart and lagna is earthy sign it might create the possibility of problems in the internal aspect of their relationship.
During ancient times our ancestors gave special attention towards the match making criteria but gradually with the passage of time many people started neglecting the given principles and many young people started marrying their lovers without getting their charts analyzed from an astrologer. The result of this is unsuccessful marriage, and marital discords. Now again, astrological consciousness about match making is increasing day by day. This match making is done usually by referring to Melapak chart given in Panchang. The 8 factors on the basis of which this chart is calculated are known as Ashtakoota and considered to judge the stability of married life.
If the promise of happy married life is missing from a horoscope in that case Ashtakoota Milan results into a futile exercise.
In nutshell we can say that following 4 factors should be studied to know about the stability in one’s married life.
1) Promise of marital happiness
2) Ashtakoota matching
3) Manglik Dosa matching
4) Strength of Navansha chart
Sometimes marital happiness is promised in one chart but denied in the chart of spouse this indication is not enough for a good match. If promise of happy married life is indicated in both charts it can result in happy married life but Manglik Dosa matching and Ashtakoota matching should not be overlooked.
The indications of multiple relationships in a chart also ruin marital happiness. The human tendency is to seek maximum compatibility because fidelity comes due to natural inclination towards a relationship. Fidelity out of compulsion is not reliable. When mind wanders malefic planets get an opportunity to intervene.
It is inevitably essential to study the horoscopes by keeping in mind the above mentioned principles to ensure happy married life.