Recently a delegation comprising 97 people from India had gone to Thailand and Singapore to participate in International Astrological Conferences on 22nd-23rd July 2006 in Bangkok and on 30th July 2006 in Singapore. A large number of people went together on this journey abroad. There must be some astrological planetary combination or yoga responsible for this phenomenon.
According to Astrology, planetary yoga (planetary combinations) for travel abroad is studied from 7th, 9th or 12th houses of the horoscope. In the main period or sub period of planets owning or occupying these houses there may be foreign tours. Even the transit of Saturn, Rahu and Jupiter from these houses facilitates forei gn tours.
On the basis of the statistics of birth details of these persons a comprehensive study was made as follows -
- Most of the people were of Cancer, Leo or Libra ascendants. Persons of Pisces ascendant were only a few in number. Aries was the Moon sign of most of them.
For Cancer Ascendant Saturn was in ascendant, Jupiter in 4th house and Rahu was in 9th house in transit. For Leo ascendant Saturn was in 12th house in transit. For Moon in Aries, Rahu was in 12th house and Jupiter was in 7th house in transit.
- In the horoscopes of most of the people the Mahadasas (Major Period) of Rahu, Jupiter or Saturn were going on without any instance of Sun's major period. Most of the major period lords were the lords of 4th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th houses and were occupying 6th or 9th house, whereas sub-period lords were the lords of 2nd, 4th, 9th or 12th house and were posited in 5th or 8th house.
Rahu is the significator of foreign travel whereas Jupiter is that of Astrology and Saturn is that of Vedic knowledge. If a person is going through Rahu Mahadasa, it would enhance the possibilities of journey abroad because after this he would be going through the major periods of Jupiter and Saturn which would facilitate foreign journey.
- In most of the horoscopes, Sun was in 1st, 6th, 7th or 12th house, Moon was in 3rd and 8th, Mars was in 2nd and 5th, Mercury was in 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th, 12th, Jupiter was in 2nd and 10th, Saturn was in 2nd and 7th and Rahu was in 9th house.
The placement of Sun, Mercury and Saturn in these different houses was showing larger difference than average which indicate that these three planets are chief significators of travel abroad.
- Incidence of some planets in some particular signs was conspicious e.g. in most of the cases Sun and Mars were in Cancer and Leo whereas their placement in Sagittarius and Pisces was a few. Moon was in Aries in most of the charts, Mercury was in Virgo, Venus in Libra, Saturn in Aries and Cancer with Rahu in Libra.
- Majority of the Group had either Ashwani or Bharani as their birth constellation with none having Vishakha or Dhanistha. Sun and Mercury were found in Chitra constellation (Nakshatra) in most of the horoscopes. Mars was in Purvaphalguni and Dhanishta in most of them. Saturn was in Jyeshta and Purvabhadrapada whereas Venus was in Ardra or Punarvasu constellation in most of the charts.
- In Navansha Chart Aries, Cancer and Leo ascendants were more in number and Virgo ascendant was minimum in number. Sun was in 8th or 10th house in Navamsha, Moon was in Pisces and was placed in 9th or 12th houses in most of the cases. Mars was in the Navamsha of Libra in most of the charts whereas its placement in Taurus and Aries was minimum. Saturn in majority of cases was placed in 10th house in Aries Navamsha.
- In number of horoscopes, Ascendant Lord was in 6th house, 2nd lord was in 7th, 5th lord was in 6th, 9th lord was in 9th, 10th lord was in 6th, 9th and 10th whereas 12th lord was in 1st, 5th, 8th or 12th houses.
- Ascendant lord was in Cancer, Leo and Virgo sign, 5th lord was in Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, 6th lord was in Scorpio, 7th lord was in Leo and Virgo,11th lord was in Cancer and Virgo whereas12th lord was in Cancer in most of the charts.
The above mentioned statistics is quite at variance with the classical ethos. So, if research oriented studies are made, then predictions in astrology can defenitely be made nearer to accuracy.