The phenomena of eclipses hold great
importance and its impact is witnesses over all
the transient and intransient being. Every aspect
of life is affected positively or negatively by
the occurance of Lunar or Solar eclipse. These
eclipses also have their bearing on aspeculative
trade like stock market, commodities market,
forex market and the money market. Out of
the nine planets Sun and Moon are said to
be the luminaries. It is said in astrology that
Sun represents soul while Moon controls the
mind. These planets play important role in
our every activity and endeavour. We are well
aware the either in Lunar or Solar eclipse both
these planets play prominent role. Both these
planets are the most important in planetary
kingdom. Moon has great power of attraction
and it is this attraction of Moon that certain
scientific phenomena take place which have
either positive or negative impact on the entire
Sun is star and only luminary celestial body in
the Solar System. Other planets reflect the Sun
rays coming to them. Each planet has its own
gravitational force and due to its effect they
attract and repel one another.
Lunar eclipse takes place when Sun, Earth and
Moon comes in a straight line. Orbit of Moon
forms 5 degree angle on ecliptic.
So whenever these three come in a straight
line then Moon may and may not be near the
bottom surface of ecliptic. Whenever Moon
happens to be in the straigt line with Earth and
Sun on Purnima day then Lunar eclipse takes
place. Lunar eclipse takes place only when
Sun, Earth and Moon are in a straight line on
Purnima day and Moon is exactly near Rahu
or Ketu point. When the whole disc of Moon
come across the shadow of earth then total
lunar eclipse takes place. When some part of
the disc comes across shadow then partial lunar
eclipse takes place. Solar eclipse takes place
when Moon comes between Sun and Earth in a
straight line. This happens on Amavasya when
Moon is near Rahu or Ketu point.
The causes of Solar eclipse are also the same
like that of lunar eclipse. In Solar eclipse only
Moon is situated between Sun and Earth.
During total Solar eclipse the entire disc of Sun
is not visible. In partial solar eclipse some part
of Sun's disc is visible.
As discussed earlier it is essential either for
Sun or Moon to come in close proximity to the
nodes i.e. Rahu or Ketu for the occurence of
eclipse. If Sun comes in close proximity to Rahu
or Ketu then Solar eclipse may occur and when
Moon touches the longitude of Rahu and Ketu
then Lunar eclipse takes place.
Sun generally touches the nodes twice a year
and maximum 3 times and Moon comes in
proximity to the nodes minimum twice every
month but eclipse does not take place every
time Sun or Moon touches the nodes. For the
occurance of eclipse both Sun and Moon need
to touch the nodes. At this time Sun, Moon and
Earth automaticlly comes in a straight line. In the horoscope whenever Sun conjunct Rahu or
Ketu and Moon is in opposition irrespective of
house or sign it is a condition of lunar eclipse
as shown above. Similarly if Sun conjuncts with Moon alongwith
Rahu or Ketu solar eclipse takes place. If Sun
conjuncts Rahu or Ketu, it forms grahan yoga
because lunar or solar eclipse has occured
recently or will occur in near future. This is
because of the fast movement of Moon which
moves from conjunction to opposition in just
15 days. Moon's conjunction with Rahu or Ketu
is not grahan yoga becuase it may take few
months when Sun may conjunct Rahu or Ketu
again. if Sun and Moon both are in conjunction
with Rahu or Ketu then it is a condition of full
However, our subject of discussion here is the
impact of eclipses on the speculative trade
and not on a particular horoscope. It has
been observed that whenever Lunar or Solar
eclipse takes place, the prices of the shares of
particular sectors, commodities etc. increases
or decreases substantially. Such decrease take
place according to the nature of commodities
and sectors based on the eclipse on particular
rashis or days or Nakshatras etc.
Impact of Eclipse on Commodities on
days of the week
• If solar eclipse takes place on Sunday the
accumulation of wheat, rice, moong, paddy,
jaggery, sugar etc. give very high profit and
if it is lunar eclipse then there is substantial
decrease in the price of silver. If you have
bought Ghee and Oil earlier then it is the
best time to book profit.
- If solar eclipse takes place on Monday then the accumulation of food grains yield handsome profit and there is substantial increase in prices of ghee, oil and pulses. If it is Lunar eclipse on Monday there is retardation in the price of cotton and it continues for a very long period.
- If solar eclipse takes place on Tuesday then the buying emerge in jaggery, ghee, wheat, cotton, thread, clothes and silver and the prices of these commodities continue to rise for some period. If it is Lunar eclipse then the price of cotton also increases.
- If Solar eclipse takes place on Wednesday then there is increase in prices in different commodities like jwar, bajra, moth, gram, paddy, cotton, clothes, cloves, etc. and if it is lunar eclipse then there is damage to rice and increase in the prices of metals like gold, silver, brass, iron etc.
- If solar eclipse takes place on Thursday then the prices of commodities like seasame oil, arandi, jaggery, wheat, red garments etc. increase and the accumulation of these commodities give substantial profit in future. If it is lunar eclipse then you must accumulate yellow goods, oils and purfumes etc. because these goods will give you good profit in near furure.
- If solar eclipse takes place on Friday then there are the chances of good rainfall and good yield of agricultural produce. If it is lunar eclipse then there is decrease in the price of cotton but increase in the price of silver, pearl, clothes for some time.
- If solar eclipse takes place on Saturday then the prices of jaggery, sugar, wheat, turmeric etc. increase substantialy. If it is lunar eclipse then there is increase in the prices of mustard, oil yellow and the red clothes, jwar, bajra etc. and their accumulation will give handsome return in near future. Impact of Eclipse if take place in different signs
- If solar eclipse takes place in Aries sign then the prices of commodities increases and if it is lunar eclipse then the prices of metals, cotton, shares, oils etc. increase in Aries sign both types of eclipses increases the prices.
- If eclipse take place in Taurus sign then there is increase is the prices of commodities.
- If Solar or lunar eclipse takes place in Gemini sign then it causes enormous increase in the prices of commodities.
- If eclipses take place in Cancer sign then also there is substantial increase in the prices of edible commodities.
- If eclipses take place in Leo sign then also there is increase in the prices of edible items cotton, oil etc.
- If eclipses take place in Virgo sign then also there are lots of ups and downs in the prices but momentum continues upwardly.
- If eclipses take place in Libra sign then there are decrease in prices of different edible items, metals etc.
- If eclipses take place in Scorpio sign then there are sharp fall in the markets.
- If eclipses take place in Sagittarius sign then there are ups and downs and sudden rise and fall in the market for some days.
- If eclipses take place in Capricorn sign then the prices of the metals and the gems which originate from the earth generally increases.
- If eclipses take place in Aquarius sign then there is increase in prices of oil, mustard, til like oils.
- If eclipses take place in Pisces sign then the prices of the goods which originate from water increases substantially.