Hanuman Jayanti is the birth day of sankat mochan Lord Hanuman. Who doesn’t worship Lord Hanuman in whole India? He is the most adored deity in Hindu religion. Hanuman Jayanti is observed in the month of Chaitra as per the Hindu calendar. In the year 2022, Hanuman Jayanti will be celebrated on 16th April, Saturday. An epitome of power, strength, sacrifice, devotion and righteousness, Lord Hanuman is an ardent devotee of Lord Rama. He is one of the main characters of Indian epic Ramayana who played a crucial role in Lord Rama’s life.
Lord Hanuman is known by various names like Sankatmochan, Bajrangbali, Pawanputra, Anjanisut and others. We all wish to please Lord Hanuman to gain strength and prosperity in life. What better day, than Hanuman Jayanti could seek his choicest blessings to you. There is a tradition of making offerings to Lord Hanuman on Hanuman Jayanti. This year Hanuman Jayanti is occurring on Saturday, which makes it even more special. Get rid of Shani dosha and other negative dosha of your kundli by making offerings as per your zodiac signs. With these appropriate offerings, you are sure to get divine blessings to remove obstacles and attract prosperity in life.
Celebration of Hanuman Jayanti in various parts of the country
Hanuman Jayanti is always observed on full moon day, as Lord Hanuman was born at the sunrise of the 15th day of Shukla Paksha in the Chaitra month as per the Hindu panchang. Hanuman Jayanti is observed in different months in different Indian regions due to the variation in the Hindu calendar as followed by different states.
In North India, Hanuman Garhi in Ayodhya and Sankat Mochan temple in Varanasi, are the famous Hanuman temple.
In the state of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, Hanuman Jayanti is observed in the month of Margazhi month in December - January.
In Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka, Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated during Krishna paksha in the Vaisakha month and the celebrations last for 41 days.
In Orissa, the first day of Vishubha Sankranti in the month of Baisakha is celebrated as Hanuman Jayanti.
In some parts of the country, Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated a day before Diwali.
If you lack confidence and remain confused most of the times then worshipping lord Hanuman on Hanuman Jayanti will certainly help you remove these illusions and take right decisions in life. right decisions are the key to happiness and prosperity.
Lord Hanuman can avert any ill-effects posed by the nine planets to one's life as well as save one from the influence of evil spirits. In India, Tuesdays and Saturdays are dedicated to the worship of Lord Hanuman to get his blessings for progress, wisdom and fearlessness.
Things to remember for Hanuman Jayanti
- While observing fast or performing any religious ritual related to Hanuman Jayanti, it is very important to maintain hygiene. One should perform puja only after wearing clean clothes and one should avoid going close to the Lord if you haven’t worn the washes clothes.
- Don’t consume non-vegetarian food, tobacco, alcohol or any other taamsik food this day.
- One should avoid taking salt while fasting this day.
- Lord Hanuman was a brahamchari, so it is very important that females should maintain a distance from the Hanuman idol. Females may perform puja and light a chameli oil lamp to place it near the feet of the Lord Hanuman. It is crucial to remember that women should not touch the idol of Lord Hanuman while making any offerings. Also, they should not offer any clothes to Hanuman ji.
Remedies and offerings as per your zodiac signs
- Aries- The Lord of these natives is Mars and Hanuman ji is known to bring down the ill effects of the planet Mars. The natives may wear one faced (Ek Mukhi) Hanuman Kawach, offer sindoor and kesar to the Lord. Also offer boondi or boondi laddoo and distribute the same as Prasadam amongst people.
- Taurus – The lord of this zodiac sign is Venus, so, the natives may recite Sundarkand Paath from the Ramcharitmanas this day. You may also offer sweet roti made of wheat and sugar to the Lord. Also feed monkeys with the same sweet roti. You may also offer seeds of tulsi to the Lord.
- Gemini – The Lord of this sign is Mercury and the natives may recite the Arandkand Paath from the Ramcharitmanas this day. You may also offer a pan to Hanuman ji and also feed cows. Offering tulsi to hanuman ji is also beneficial for you.
- Cancer – The Lord of the sign is Moon and the natives may wear Panchmukhi Hanuman Kawach. You should offer sweets made of milk and yellow flowers to the Lord. You may also perform rudra abhishek of Lord Shiva this day.
- Leo – The Lord of this sign is the Sun and the natives may recite the Bal Kand Paath from the Ramcharitamanas. You should offer meethi rotis made of jiggery and wheat to the lord. You may also feed poor people with same meethi rotis. Recite Adityahriday strotam to get blessings of Lord Sun and Hanuman.
- Virgo – The Lord of this zodiac sign is Mercury and the natives may recite the Lanka Kand Paath from the Ramcharitamanas. You may also read hanuman chalisa 108 times his day. Light a ghee lamp before the Lord’s idol.
- Libra – The Lord of this sign is Venus and the natives may recite the Bal Kand Paath from the Ramcharitmanas. You may offer Kheer to Hanuman ji.
- Scorpio – The Lord of this sign is Mars and the natives may recite the Hanuman Ashtak and Hanuman Chalisa. You should offer sweetened rice made of jaggery to the Lord. After that you may also feed cows with the same sweetened rice.
- Sagittarius – The Lord of this sign is Jupiter and the natives may recite the Ayodhya Kand Paath from the Ramcharitmanas. You should offer bananas and honey to the Lord. You should also donate 5 Ramcharitmans books in the temple.
- Capricorn – The Lord of this sign is Saturn and Hanuman ji is known to remove shani dosha or ill effects of the planet Saturn. The natives may recite the Kishikanda Kand Paath from the Ramcharitamanas. Make offerings of mustard oil and black til to the Lord. Light amustard oil lamp in the temple or under a peepal tree to seek divine blessings.
- Aquarius – The Lord of this sign is Saturn and Hanuman ji saves you from all malefic effects of Saturn. The natives may recite the Uttar Kand Paath from the Ramcharitmanas. You may also light amustard lamp under peepal tree and offer mustard oil and black til in the temple. You may also offer boondi laddoos in the temple.
- Pisces – The Lord of this sign is Jupiter and the natives may recite the Hanumant Bahuk path. You may donate a red colored flag at a Lord Hanuman Temple. Chanting “om shree hanumate namah’ for 108 times will be beneficial for you.