Trouble in education, aggressive speaking, strained relation with maternal uncle, loss of memory, epilepsy, nose and throat problems, religious passion, loss of wisdom and business, suspiciousness, fickle mindedness.
Disenchantment with worship, loss of faith in Gods, Gurus and Brahmins, fall in income and expense of accumulated wealth, delay in marriage and child birth, epileptic fits, stomach disorder, ear-problem, arthritis, constipation, insomnia, etc.
Hindrance in conjugal life, dejection in love, vehicle-problem, disenchantment with make-up, impotency, hernia, diabetes, semen problem, urinary problem, problem in womb etc.
Trouble with servants and in service, gastric trouble, paralysis, trouble in spinal cord, fear of evil spirits, small pox, leprosy, epilepsy, impotency, ailment in feet, etc.
Strained relation with grandfather, ego problem, skin and brain disease, ghost phobia, etc.
Strained relation with maternal grandfather, trouble inflicted by witchcraft, contagious diseases, impurity of blood, pain, small pox, cholera, etc.
Once the troublesome planet is ascertained, remedies can be pondered over.
First, note the following points if remedies are to be prescribed according to horoscope:
- Positioning of Kendra and trine.
- Which planets are combust and retrograde?
- Which planets are posited in enemy quarters?
- What is the position of Yogakaraka planet?
- Which planets are debilitated and which are exalted?
- What is the inter-relationship between the lords of major and sub periods?
- Which house is more troubled?
- Which planet is more distressed?
- Which Yogas are significant in the horoscope?
- What is the position of the house, lord of the house and Karak of the house under consideration?
- See whether the lords of Mahadasha and Antardasha are Yogakarak, obstructing or fatal for the horoscope.
- What is the position of planets in different groups?
Only after contemplating the above points, it is ascertained which planet needs to be propitiated.
What remedies should be prescribed?
Make a fair guess of the behaviour of the native through positioning of Moon and Lagna in his horoscope. Advise him remedies accordingly. If his Moon, Jupiter and ninth house are disturbed, he will not follow the worship even after your suggestion. It is then better to advise him gems or Tantrik remedies.
Thus, position of a planet in sign decides the effective remedy. If the planet is in a fiery sign then Yajna, fasting, etc. work. But if it is in an earthy one then gems, Yantra, metals are effective whereas if the planet is in an airy sign then chanting of mantras will work lastly, if the planet is in a watery sign then medicinal - bath and offering of objects in water does wonders. Note that in case of a weak yogakaraka planet, remedies by gems, Yantra and metals should be prescribed. Inauspicious and fatal planets must be propitiated by worship, donation by offering planet-objects to water.
Verdict of Lal Kitab
Remedies mentioned in Lal Kitab have their own importance. But here, we are not going to discuss them in detail as their laws don’t conform to principles envisaged by Parashar. Yet salient features of Lal Kitab deserve a mention here. According to Lal Kitab, all planets can't be propitiated by their own remedies. For some of them, help of other planet- is sought. Remedies of Lal Kitab are prescribed in conjunction with nature and practical science. Some simple and practical remedies are related with planets as well.
Some remedies to reduce the evil effects of various planets.
- Respect your father. Worship Lord Vishnu.
- Donate wheat, jaggery and copper.
- Develop a good character.
- Offer copper coins in flowing water.
- Don’t accept bribe.