Sub lord of 11th cusp : Bad news, trouble to elder brother, sickness to children, will suffer misery, deception and ear disease.
Sub lord of 12th cusp : Various diseases, dishonour, disappearance of wealth, detention, bondage.
These results will be experienced by a person when he runs the dasha, bhukti or antara of the sub lord as mentioned above.
Principles of Judgement
Aspects are the modifying influences in horoscope and a prediction is never complete unless the aspects are properly computed, studied, and the results judged. Actually, the diametrically opposite results enjoyed by the twins can be scientifically explained by the aspect between the cusp and the significator.
A few useful hints are given below to enable one to arrive at a correct judgment.
- 1. First assess the strength of the-aspect. Decile or 36 degrees aspect is not so powerful or good as a trine or 120 degrees aspect; not semi-square or 45 degrees aspect is so harmful as square or 90 degrees.
- 2. What is the quality of the aspect? Is it a beneficial aspect or an evil one?
- 3. Is the aspect exact (rapt, partile) or is it wide (platic)? If platic, note whether the aspect is in the process of formation or dissolution.
- 4. Note the affairs governed by the house occupied by the aspected planet. Is it conjoined with any other planet at the same time? Association with a benefic (lord of a beneficial house in the chart) is very good and auspicious. Any connection with malefics, more especially with lord of 6 or 8 or 12 either by being conjoined with them or occupying their nakshatras, etc. portends evil. The nakshatra occupied by a planet is the most important as the results denoted by the nakshatra lord (by its ownership) will mostly predominate.
- 5. What does the aspected planet denote by his lordship? Is he a benefic or not ? No doubt a planet possesses certain natural characteristics and these results will operate, but what the planet has to give by lordship will even change the results indicated by its nature e.g. Jupiter, a benefic by nature will be evil by owning
- 1. evil houses. Saturn by owning favourable houses becomes a benefic. Even these results are modified and changed by the occupation of various houses in the chart. The correct way is to Judge by taking the planet’s occupation, lordship of houses and its nature. Occupation in a particular constellation and the modification by the lord of the constellation are still more important. Jupiter and Venus who are natural benefics prove to be the worst evils for a number of people and the natural malefics, Mars and Saturn, immensely benefit some, as they occupy the constellation of the planets owning and occupying good houses.
- 2. Is the aspected planet placed in house which is 6 or 8 or 12 to the one it owns? Find out whether it is in a good angle (aspect) to the cusp of the house of which it is the owner. Suppose a person is born when the 29th degree of Aries was rising in the East. Then Mars rules the first house. If Mars happens to occupy Virgo (Virgo) 2nd degree, according to the Hindu method. Mars would be considered as being in 6th to the lagna and therefore badly placed. Actually, however, Mars is at a distance of 123° from the Ascendant and so it is in good trine aspect.
- 3. Is the aspected planet dignified? A planet in its exaltation sign is the strongest. Next is the one in a Vargottamma position, i.e., occupying the same sign both in the rashi and in the navamsa chart. The third is the one in its Moolatrikona house. The fourth, the one in its swakshetra (own house) and the fifth is the planet which is in its friend’s quarters. A planet in debilitation or in enemy’s camp or connected with malefics in any manner, is said to be weakly posited and afflicted.
- 4. Then note the nature of the sign occupied by the aspected planet. Is it a movable (chara) sign, or fixed (sthira) sign or common, (ubhaya) sign? Is the sign fiery, earthy, airy or watery, positive or negative, fruitful or barren, etc.
Similarly, find out whether the aspecting planet is a benefic by lordship, whether he is dignified or afflicted, beneficial or adverse by occupation and whether it aspects from a sign congenial to its nature. Also whether the aspecting planet in a kendra (angular) panaphara (succeedent) or apoklima (cadent) house. Houses 1, 4, 7 and 10 are