- 8. Apply Transit of the slow moving planets, which are Saturn, Jupiter, Rahu and Ketu.
- 9. To see a matter related to any house, Apply the rule of 5.
House - Lord - Karak - Dasha - Gochar
- House concerned.
- The house lord.
- The Karaka
- Dasha, Antardasha, Pratyantar dasha.
- 10. Apply the principle of Desh - Kaal - Paatra
- 11. Keep a positive outlook - try to find the strength of the horoscope and not just its weaknesses.
In the time period when Jaimini sutras were composed, the life was simple, and so the maharishi has given guidelines for judging the essentials of a man's life. Though thousands of years have passed, the basic life of the individual remains the same. So the sutras are applicable even today. However, with advancement in every sphere of life, research needs to be done to find combinations for these advancements. Eg. the computer is a new addition. Now, there are so many new areas even in the computer field, that we need to find combinations indicating those fields.
A. The Karakamsa
Jaimini has given a lot of importance to the Atmakarak planet, and the rashi occupied by him in the navamsa i.e. the Karakamsa. So karakamsa is of prime importance for Jaimini analysis. It is not that the Janma lagna has to be ignored. One should co-relate the two.
Different houses from K.L. have to be seen for different matters. For example fifth from K.L. is seen for education and children, fourth from K.L. is seen for the house etc.
This can be tabulated as:
Planets in the specific house from Karakamsa
The Areas they cover
|1st and 2nd house
House or residence
Religion and devotion
Nature of Spouse
The individual's general nature.
Life after death
|1st, 2nd and 5th
learning and scholarships.
- For matters related to longevity and death - Jaimini has created an entire system, which needs to be studied separately.
B. Arudha or Pada Lagna
For the person's wealth - Arudha or the pada lagna and the eleventh from it should be considered. Benefic influence is helpful and malefic influence is unhelpful, or it indicates wealth from unfair means.
For Expenditure or losses - Twelfth from Aradha shows expenditure . The planets in this house show the type of expenditure.
For Co-Borns (Brothers and Sisters) - Third house from Pada lagna is seen.
- If Rahu is in the third or eleventh from the concerned lagna the person is the eldest or youngest, atleast among his own sex. (A special observation of Sh. K.N. Rao)
- If Moon, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars are in the 3 or 11th from Arudha - there will be many good brothers and sisters.
The Subtle difference between the Karakamsa and the Pada Lagna
Both the Karakamsa and Pada lagna are very important for Jaimini analysis.
Karakamsa is the Navamsa rashi of the Atmakarak. Atmakarak is considered to be the most important planet by Jaimini. It controls the Atma the complete self of the Jatak. The complete self includes, the physical body, the soul, the poorva karmas,