Our elders were keen that marriages between boy and girl must be matched suitably as far as possible. So they have provided various exceptions to avoid rigid views.
Rule says that :
- 1.If the Rashi lords of the girl and the boy is the same planet (Ekadhipati) or
- 2.If the Rashi lord of the girl and boy are friends or
- 3.If the janma Rashis of the girl and boy are samasaptam (ie) diametrically opposite Rajju, Vedha, Gana and Rashi doshas do not arise.
In addition to this, they have also given an antidote specially for Rajju dosha.
When the Janma Nakshatras of the girl and boy belong to the same rajju, they can be matched if one is in Aroha and the other in Avaroha. Let the Janma Nakshatra of the girl be Bharani. It is in Aries whose lord is Mars. It is in Aroha 'Ooru' Rajju.
Let the Janma Nakshatra of the boy be Pushya. It is in Cancer owned by Moon. It is Avaroha 'Ooru' Rajju.
- 1.Mars and Moon are friends
- 2.Bharani is Aroha and Pushya is Avaroha. So Rajju dosha does not arise and so Bharani and Pushya can be matched.
Let us take another example. Let the Janma Nakshatra of the girl be Krittika 2nd pada. It is in Taurus Rashi and comes under Aroha Nabhi Rajju.
Let the Janma Nakshatra of the boy be Vishakha 1st pada. It is in Libra rashi and comes under Avaroha Nabhi Rajju.
- 1.Taurus and Libra are owned by Venus. So there is Ekadhipati i.e. Same Planet owning the two Janma Rashis.
- 2.Also one is Aroha and the other is Avaroha. So Rajju dosha does not arise between Krittika 2 and Vishakha 1 and they can be matched. Another exception to Rajju dosha is that if Dina, Rashi, Grahamaitri are good Rajju dosha can be overlooked.
Now let us apply these exceptions to the 27 Nakshatras in the five rajjus . The first Nakshatra in each is the Janma Nakshatra of the girl and the second that of the boy.
- 1.Ashwini and Magha - Aries and Leo - Rashi lords are friends.
- 2.Ashwini and Moola - Aries and Sagittarius - Rashi lords are friends.
- 3.Ashwini and Ashlesha - Aries and Cancer - Rashi lords are friends and Aroha - Avaroha.
- 4.Ashwini and Jyeshtha - Aries and Scorpio- Ekadhipati and Aroha - Avaroha.
- 5.Ashwini and Revati - Aries and Pisces - Rashi Lords are friends and Aroha - Avaroha.