doing some Karma. Therefore some influence of transit planets should be on the 10th house and its Lord also. The Lagna is the native himself. The 4th house is the home of the native, the 7th house is the end of the travelling and thought of returning home arise in the mind. The 10th house is the beginning of the travelling , the idea of travelling arise in the mind. So all the Kendras are important for the purpose of travelling.
Journey to other cities within the country
The journey due to business purpose, marriage or to attend conference to other cities of the country should be analysed from 3rd and 7th house and their Lords. The movable sign in 3rd or 7th house or the lord of 3rd or 7th house is posited in movable sign or aspected by a planet in movable sign.
Journey by train
Mars and Moon are the Karaka for journey by the train and houses are 3rd and 7th. Mars should be in movable sign, the strong Moon in strength should occupy the kendra (1,4,7,10) or trikona (5,9) except the 4th house or Kendra should not be aspected by or conjunct with malefics - Rahu or Saturn. The malefic planets should be in upachaya 3,6,11 except 10th houses and benefic in Kendra or trikona for safe journey.
Journey by Air
The Karaka for journey by air are Saturn (Vata) and Jupiter (Akash Tatwa). The journey to foreign country by air is indicated by Saturn and Jupiter. The houses are 10th, 9th and 12th and airy signs in these houses. According to others the Venus is the karaka being the lord of 7th sign Libra and 7th house of natural zodiac and being airy sign.
Journey by Sea or through water
The journey by Sea or ferry through water requires involvement of 8th house and watery signs particularly Scorpio (Vrishchik) sign.
Whether I will go for travelling?
"Yes" the native will go for travelling, if
- 1. Lagna and Moon are in movable sign and conjunct with or aspected by benefic planets and 4th house is afflicted.
- 2. Lagna Lord and 9th Lord have ithasal or conjunct in Lagna or Moon and 9th Lord have ithasala and lagna lord in 9th house.
- 3. Lord of 9th from lagna lord and the Moon have ithasala.
- 4. Lagna Lord and 3rd Lord have ithasal in Kendra and in association with an unblemished benefic.
- 5. 4th lord posited in Lagna and Lagna Lord in 3rd house or Kendra conjunct with or aspected by benefic planets.
- 6. Malefic planets are posited in 4th or 10th.
- 7. Lagna Lord and 9th lord in movable sign.
- 8. 9th Lord is in Lagna and Lagna Lord is in Kendra without malefic influence.
- 9. There is movable sign in 10th house and aspected by or conjunct with benefic planets.
- 10. Lagna Lord or Moon is posited in 9th or 3rd house. Lagna is movable sign, the native will go for travelling early. If Lagna is a dual sign, travel will take place after some delay, and in case Lagna is a fixed sign, there will be no journey.
- 11. If Lagna is in shirshodaya sign and aspected by benefic planet or Lagna Lord.
- 12. Lagna, Arudha Lagna or 10th house be in movable sign and aspected by or occupied with benefic planets.