disease indicates no cure of disease but also no death, query of litigation or election indicates the native will not be defeated etc.
- The Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Aquarius are shirshodaya signs.
- The Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius and Capricorn signs are the Prishtodaya signs.
- The Pisces is Ubhayodaya signs.
If the Lagna falls in human signs and be aspected by or occupied by benefic planets, good results and gains will be the results.
The human signs are Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Aquarius and 1st half of Sagittarius.
- Q1. Which house should be judged for land, conveyance and mother?
- Q2. Which house should be judged for dispute, inheritance and longevity?
- Q3. Location of which planets in 7th house signify the pregnant women ?
- Q4. How can the nature of query be judged?
- Q5. Which are the Shirshodaya and Prishtodaya signs?
The Strength of Lagna And Houses 8
It is well known that the lagna and lagna lord play a major role in Horary astrology. The strength or weakness of the lagna and the lagna lord indicates the success and failure of the query. Sometimes on the basis of lagna, planets in lagna, sign in lagna, aspect on lagna and the lagna lord, one can indicate the whole aspect of the query.
According to "Shatpanchashika" Shloka 2, chapter one, the astrologer should predict change or fall in status, change in place (transfer), fall in wealth, defamation from the lagna of the Horary chart. The increase in wealth, happiness and land is indicated by the 4th house. The idea of return from travel to home is indicated by the 7th house. The 10th house indicates the travel or the idea of travelling. The 4th house also indicates the reaching of the traveller at home.
According to "Prashna Gyan" if dwipada signs (Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Aquarius and first half of Sagittarius) or chatushpada signs (Aries, Taurus, Leo, 2nd half of Capricorn) are posited in lagna and aspected by benefic planets, the query will fructify. According to shloka 8th of "Prashna Gyana" if any house is occupied by or aspected by the lord of the sign of the house or occupied by or aspected by Jupiter, Venus or Mercury, the signification of the house fructify/flourish (provided Jupiter, Venus or Mercury are benefics for the lagna).
Summary regarding the strength of a house
- 1. The house becomes strong if the lord of the sign is in own house or aspects the house.
- 2. The house becomes strong if benefic planets occupy or aspect the house.
- 3. The house becomes weak if malefic planets occupy or aspect the house.
- 4. If the lord of a house is posited in exaltation, mooltrikona, own or friend's sign, the house becomes strong.