- Lakshmi and Saraswati and Ganeshji should be decorated on the main door.
- The door should not be touching the wall. There should be a distance of 4" to 1' between the wall and the frame of the door.
- The door should be atleast one foot higher than an average man's height. The normal principle is that the height of the door should be twice the breadth, but care should be taken that the breadth is atleast three and half to four feet.
Boundary is necessary
It is absolutely necessary to make a boundary around a residential or a professional establishment. The boundary not only protects the residents but also protects them from Vastudosha. Southern and Western part of the boundary should be thicker than the Northern and Eastern part. Apart from this for keeping the boundary in harmony with the main door the following rules should be kept in mind.
- For an East facing house, it is auspicious to have a door or gate in the boundary wall in front of the main door. To make it more effective, another door can be made in the Eastern Ishan part of the boundary which is located in front of the open space left in the North of the house.
- For a South facing house, the main door should be made in the Southern Agneya in front of the open space left towards the East. Even if a door is already made in front of the main entrance of the house, a second door in the Southern Agneya is essential.
- If a house is made in the centre of the plot and in the centre of the boundary, then the main door can be in any direction and it will not produce vastu dosha. In such a case it is not necessary to have a second door in the boundary in the better section of the plot.
- For a West facing house, if there is a door in the boundary in front of the main door of the house, then a second door should be made in the boundary in the Western Vayavya in front of the open space left towards the North of the house. Without this, the first door will remain inauspicious.
- For a North facing house, if there is a door in the boundary in front of the main door, then a second door should be made in the boundary in the Northern Ishan. Without this the first door will not be effective.
- The door made in the better portion of the boundary must be used. It will yield good results.
For a North facing or East facing house the boundary can be of the same height as the main door or can be even lower.
- If the boundary gets damaged in Southern or Western Nairritya or in Eastern Agneya or in Northern vayavya, then it should be repaired immediately to prevent inauspicious Vastu results.
Only one door in the boundary is troublesome.