very auspicious for construction of a house, but constructing a house on grazing land for cows is considered to be a great sin. Such a person is always miserable and goes to hell after death. The land having honey bee is wealth producing, and is auspicious, because honey represents Jupiter.
- If horn of a cow or conch or a tortoise is found on the land then such land is auspicious
- If stones are found on digging it indicates gain of gold
- If bricks are found - it shows prosperity
- If money is found - it shows comforts
- If metals like copper are found - it shows luxury and happiness
Consideration pertaining to Land
Land inhabited by dogs, pigs or jackals or other dirty animals is inauspicious. Constructing a house on such land is not beneficial.
Land inhabited by snakes and scorpions is not suitable for house construction. These creatures represent Rahu. Such land gives all kinds of sudden troubles and misery. The people suffer due to untimely sudden death or sudden accidents or calamities. The family members get addicted to liquor, drugs or cigarettes. They indulge in gambling or other low types of activities. They lose their wealth in this manner.
Land where coal, iron, lead or black articles are found is called 'Asuri Bhoomi'. Living in a house built on such land is inauspicious.
Examination of the Land
Before buying a new plot of land it is essential to get it checked by vastu experts. Following principles should be followed for the examination of the land.
- Dig 1x1 foot deep pit and fill it with the clay that comes out from it while digging it. If clay increases in quantity then it is excellent land, if the pit gets filled till the level then land is medium and it is inauspicious if the pit remains empty.
- Dig 1½ feet pit in the northern direction of the land and fill it with water completely and walk 100 steps towards North or watch the pit after 120 seconds. If pit remains full of water the land is best, if half consider it medium and if empty it is an inauspicious plot of land.
- Vishwakarmaprakash gives a unique method of land examination. White wash the pit and light four lamps made of clay in all four directions by pouring ghee in it and see lamp of which direction gives the maximum light. If the lamp of North gives maximum light then that land is Brahmin, if the lamp of East gives more powerful light it is Kshatriya land, more prominent light of West denotes Vaishya land and that of South denotes Shudra land.
- Plough the land on which you plan to construct a house and sow all types of grains in that. If the seeds of these grains give sprout within three days it is the best land, if sprouts come after 5 days it is medium, however it should be considered inauspicious land if sprout comes after 7 days. If seeds of different types are not available in that case the seeds of paddy can be shown. House should not be constructed in that part of the land where these paddy seeds do not grow.
- There are 7 aushadhees (medicine) i.e, Vreehi, green lentil, wheat, mustard, saathi, sesame, and barley. These are known as all seeds. After sowing these seeds you must see their results. The land where there are flowers of copper and gold colour is considered to be very auspicious.
Sometimes a piece of land is not examined before starting the construction work but this is wrong because it can result in disaster. For example if there are hairs, bones, dirty clothes, egg shells, termite and eggs of boa in the land then the house constructed in that place always brings sorrows. Burnt coal brings disease; begging bowl and iron are the symbols of death. Bones, skull, hairs etc, decrease the life span of the owner of the house.
Types of Land
According to ancient books on Vastushastra, the land has been classified into four categories:
The land which is white in colour and smells like Ghee, whose taste is sweet like nectar and the touch makes us feel good, is known as Brahmin land. On this type of land there are trees of Kusha and Durva which are used for Homa. This type of land brings spiritual bliss and comforts of all types. This type of land is used for the construction of schools, temples, guest houses and literary institutes.
The land which is red in colour and smells like blood, whose taste is astringent and the feel of touch is solid, is known as Kshatriya land. Snakes also live on this land. This land enhances kingdom, power and influence. This type of land is useful for the construction of government offices, cantonments, colonies of soldiers and arsenals.
The land which is green-yellow in colour and smells like nectar or like grain and tastes acidic, is known as Vaishya land. Grains and fruit trees are grown on this type of land. Vaishya land enhances money and wealth. This type of land can be used for constructing professional buildings, shops and houses of businessmen.