Golden Principles of Vastu 33
Several religious scriptures have outlined many golden rules for Vastu. If those rules are followed with strict adherance, they bestow upon the inhabitant lots of success, wealth, wisdom, health and allround prosperity. It is the most important to have East and North open and South and West filled with most of the constructions in any building. The wall in South and West should be thicker and higher than the East and North.
- Square or rectangular plot is the best and the most auspicious.
- The plot should be in the main North, South, East and West directions.
- Space should be left on all four sides of the house between the boundary and the house.
- Maximum open space should be left in the North and the East of the house.
- Well or a borewell should be made in the North-East of the house.
- The main door of the house should be larger than the rest of the doors and it should be of two planks.
- There should not be a pillar, beam, well or any heavy object at the centre of the house and at the centre of the plot.
- The Southwest part of either the house or the boundary should not be kept open. The main gate or the main door of the house should not be in the Southwest.
- The Northwest part should be open and clean.
- The master bedroom should be in the Southwest of the house.
- For maintaining good health one should sleep with feet towards the North.
- Children’s bedroom should be made in the East or West and their head should be towards East while sleeping.
- The kitchen should be made in the South-East. While cooking, the housewife should face East. The gas stove should be placed in the Southeast.
- The mirror should be placed in the North or in the East.
- The Southern and Western part of the house should be higher than the Northern and Eastern part.